[Geany-devel] Third party plugin publish and third party library bundle problem

Hong Xu dev at xxxxx
Sat Jul 7 05:39:56 UTC 2012

Hi,

I have developed the EditorConfig plugin for Geany
<https://github.com/editorconfig/editorconfig-geany>.

"""
EditorConfig helps developers define and maintain consistent coding
styles between different editors and IDEs. The EditorConfig project
consists of *a file format* for defining coding styles and a collection
of *text editor plugins* that enable editors to read the file format and
adhere to defined styles. EditorConfig files are easily readibly and
they work nicely with version control systems. Website here
<http://editorconfig.org>
"""

However, I am confused how to publish this plugin.

First, http://plugins.geany.org is a place for plugin list. But are the
third party plugins allowed here? All the pages seem working for the
plugins here: <https://github.com/geany/geany-plugins> including the
download page, installation page.

Whatever the answer is, can I put my plugin in
<https://github.com/geany/geany-plugins> ? This repository seems better
maintained than mine.

The second problem is that, how should I bundle a third party C library
with my plugin?

Thank you!

Hong