[Geany-devel] [Geany] ANN: Geany-Themes 1.22 Released

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Fri Jul 6 08:32:29 UTC 2012

On 6 July 2012 18:10, Liviu Andronic <landronimirc at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 28, 2012 at 5:18 AM, Matthew Brush <mbrush at codebrainz.ca> wrote:
>> I'm hoping to make the releases/tarballs somewhat predictable to make it
>> easier for distro package maintainers who want to create Geany-Themes
>> packages. The main version number will follow Geany's and releases in
>> between Geany releases will have a micro number like 1.22.1, 1.22.2, etc.
>>
> Is there any reason for not releasing geany-themes as part of
> geany-plugins? Currently there are no geany-themes packages in either
> Ubuntu or a PPA (not sure about other distros), and being part of the
> plugins package would likely increase the probability that
> geany-themes would make the official repos.

Hi Liviu,

As you can see from the URL geany-themes are currently part of
Matthew's personal github repos so for now they can't be part of Geany
releases.

As their popularity seems to be rising, after the release I would say
that they should be included into the geany repos, also so that it
doesn't put the load so much on one person.

I wouldn't make it part of plugins though, the targets of the two
collections are somewhat different, a Geany/themes repo will let the
distros package it separately (as most seem to do with themes for
other projects).