[Geany-devel] Geany-Plugins: Windows test build for 1.22 available

Matthew Brush mbrush at xxxxx
Sun Jul 1 20:45:36 UTC 2012

On 12-07-01 05:41 AM, Enrico Tröger wrote:
> On 01/07/12 12:16, Matthew Brush wrote:
>> On 12-07-01 01:44 AM, Enrico Tröger wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I just made a test build of Geany Plugins 1.22 for Windows.
>>>
>>> A little surprisingly for me, it all worked fine on the first attempt :).
>>>
>>> I only had problems loading the Geany-Lua plugin with some strange error
>>> message which I didn't investigate yet:
>>> http://pastebin.geany.org/EUmwJ/
>>> The error message occurs on plugin loading. I'm not sure whether it is
>>> caused by my system or something else.
>>>
>>> If anyone wants to test it, any feedback is appreciated.
>>>
>>> The installer...
>>> http://www.uvena.de/tmp/geany-plugins-1.22_setup_testbuild.exe
>>>
>>> ... requires an existing Geany 1.22 installation.
>>>

>> Nice work!
>>
>> I'm not able to test on Windows for a few days, but  until then, can you
>> say which plugins are included?
>
> Not really. When I boot Windows the next time, I'll have a look.

OK, I was mostly wondering whether either of my two plugins would be
available.

>> I'm curious about stuff like Debugger and MultiTerm that depend on VTE,
>> or Devhelp and Webhelper that depend on (GTK)WebKit, were you able to
>> get that going on Windows?
>
> VTE on Windows? Not that I know of.

Yeah I don't think, except for maybe on Cygwin or something.

> And WebkitGtk exists for Windows but I didn't include it. Last time,
> read at time of the last plugins' release, I tried to find a build but
> without success. Windows builds exist but I just didn't find them.
> And I'm not sure if we want to include it as it certainly would bump the
> installer size significantly (currently it has about 2MB, with Webkit it
> would be > 10MB I guess) .

Not sure, I know the source is available and I think there's "nightly"
builds. I'm just remembering last release when many people were asking
where is the Webhelper plugin on Windows. I don't think these people
(mostly web devs probably) were really inclined to (re)build with
GtkWebKit support.

It's your call though, you're the one suffering through using Windows to
get this built :)