[Geany-devel] get build command from a plugin

Dimitar Zhekov dimitar.zhekov at xxxxx
Tue Jan 31 18:20:01 UTC 2012

On Tue, 31 Jan 2012 15:39:52 +1100
Lex Trotman <elextr at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dimitar, Matthew,
>
> See git://github.com/elextr/geany.git, the more testing the better :)

I compile Geany with -Wall -W -Wno-unused-parameter (not the normal
practice) and received a few warnings:

build.c: In function 'build_get_current_menu_item':
build.c:576:2: warning: enumeration value 'GEANY_BC_CMDENTRIES_COUNT'
not handled in switch [-Wswitch] build.c: In function
'build_set_menu_item': build.c:620:2: warning: enumeration value
'GEANY_BC_CMDENTRIES_COUNT' not handled in switch [-Wswitch]
build.c:607:9: warning: unused variable 'str' [-Wunused-variable]

These are probably harmless.

build_get_current_menu_item() works, and returns the non-expanded
values (%e, %f) as I expected.

About returning NULL instead of "" for the empty fields, I'm not very
sure. How do we separate a completely empty command with a valid cmd,
such as the 3rd default C command, and an out-of-range cmd?

--
E-gards: Jimmy