[Geany-devel] get build command from a plugin

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Mon Jan 30 03:08:59 UTC 2012

On Sun, Jan 29, 2012 at 1:08 AM, Dimitar Zhekov
<dimitar.zhekov at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> How can I $subject?

Hi Dimitar,

At the moment you can't officially access any o fthe build system from a plugin.

Initially I exposed some of the build system (see comments starting /*
* in build.h/c) but concerns were raised that this exposed the
implementation so it was removed.  This is no different to any other
part of Geany, most of the rest of the plugin interface exposes the
implementation of something.  Probably it was the realisation of the
possible impacts of that which caused the concern to be raised.

My attempts to proactively define an interface that does not expose
any implementation structures was also rejected, so there is
officially no way.

I guess you need to request the parts you need, and those will be
exposed in the usual ad-hoc way.