[Geany-devel] [geany/geany] 7cc443: Don't append file truncation warning if file doesn't exist - incorrect for remote files

Nick Treleaven nick.treleaven at xxxxx
Fri Jan 27 13:38:06 UTC 2012

On 26/01/2012 22:32, Lex Trotman wrote:
> If writing a remote file failed half way because of a network failure,
> then if the network is still faulty when we g_file_test for a regular
> file, it will fail because the file doesn't exist, but the partly
> written file may (is likely to) be truncated.

Well, they'll still get a save failed warning with the specific OS error
message. Just to check, GFile writes directly to a network file?

Anyway, I don't know how to improve the situation. My commit is
necessary to avoid confusing users about truncation on a local file that
doesn't even exist.

Nick