[Geany-devel] encoding combo boxes bug - utility functions

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Thu Jan 26 02:45:08 UTC 2012

[...]
Hi Matthew,

While in general I agree with you, your examples are of mixed
accuracy, see below:

> [1] Just at a very quick scan through utils.c, things like

utils_slist_remove_next() - local static used one place, agree no
reason to exist

utils_is_uri() - good utility function, well named

utils_string_replace() - probably should be static, only used several
times in utils itself

utils_spawn_async() - I think was used more than one place in the
past, also hides the messy #ifdef windoze which is good

utils_build_path() - g_build_filename() has better portability
semantics, should replace utils_build_path()

utils_make_filename() - reasonable utility function, probably should
be used in more places where filename.ext concat is done explicitly