[Geany-devel] Request: multithreaded tag generation?

Jon Senior jon at xxxxx
Tue Jan 24 10:42:56 UTC 2012

On Tue, 24 Jan 2012 11:35:40 +0100
Harold Aling <geany at sait.nl> wrote:

> Just had a little time to check loading times with GeanyPRJ versus
> GProject.
>
> Starting Geany with 1 file open in a Drupal project with GProject
> enabled: 4 minutes and 1 second.
> Starting Geany with the same file with GeanyPRJ enabled: 23 seconds.
>
> Quitting Geany with an open Drupal project with GProject enabled:
> about 4 minutes.
> Quitting Geany with the same Drupal project with GeanyPRJ enabled:
> almost instant.
>
> The second time I opened the project with GProject, it only took 3
> minutes, so it has some caching benefits.
>

> I'm reverting to GeanyPRJ! Too bad it causes a lag while typing, but
> that's way better than having to wait 4 minutes to start or quit
> Geany...

Am I really that weird? Granted I'm using geanie's built-in project
support (More like managed sessions), but I see a worst case for my use
of about 45 seconds to load a series of files.

But the thing is, my current "session" of geany has been open now for
about 4 days. 4 minutes in that time frame is a drop in the ocean. How
often do you open + close geany for a 4 minute start up to be more
annoying than a continuous lag when typing?

Jon