[Geany-devel] GIT commit mails format

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Sat Jan 21 10:38:09 UTC 2012

On Fri, 20 Jan 2012 19:54:17 +0100, Colomban wrote:

>Le 15/01/2012 23:53, Enrico Tröger a écrit :

>I'd very much like it, and I'm fine with the format :)

Ok, so I'll change the hook at Github soon and we get some kind of live
test :).

>>> Or make it so no diff is shown for autogenerated files like
>>> geany.html and geany.glade ?
>>>
>>> It'd be the best of both worlds then, IMO.
>>
>> Yeah, a little hackish but would solve the problem probably well
>> enough together with a general max commit diff size limit.
>
>Why not, until we finally understand how the $@!% Glade choose to
>output in one order or another.  But please keep the info the file got
>modified, don't drop it entirely :)

The information about the change is kept of course, only the actual
diff is skipped.
However, I recently noticed Github doesn't even the diff for big
changes via their API. I don't know yet what's the exact limit but for
the commit 75ff98a2b6ed8deadbcf71a47e5f03e4b43c014f there is no diff
included in the API response while it is for other commits. Maybe
that's already enough.

For the curious, try:

curl
https://api.github.com/repos/geany/geany/commits/75ff98a2b6ed8deadbcf71a47e5f03e4b43c014f

vs.

curl
https://api.github.com/repos/geany/geany/commits/21cd7bb2139fd67644e5777bb8e6387d34473d09

and compare files[x]['patch'] in the response.