[Geany-devel] encoding combo boxes bug

Colomban Wendling lists.ban at xxxxx
Fri Jan 20 18:39:52 UTC 2012

Le 20/01/2012 00:07, Lex Trotman a écrit :
> On Fri, Jan 20, 2012 at 9:58 AM, Lex Trotman<elextr at gmail.com>  wrote:
>> On Thu, Jan 19, 2012 at 11:53 PM, Nick Treleaven
>> <nick.treleaven at btinternet.com>  wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>> I'm seeing wrong encoding names in the encoding combo boxes on the Files tab
>>> of the Prefs dialog. E.g. where it should say UTF-8 I see Hebrew. Another
>>> Glade-related bug?
>>
>> Sort of, according to glade combo_new_encoding, combo_open_encoding
>> and combo_eol all share the same underlying list model.
>>
>> So when we initialise them, all the entries go in the same list, so
>> all three show the encodings twice and the end of line entries at the
>> bottom.
>>
>> Two of these need to be pointed to different list models.
>
> PS the two encodings combos could probably share the same list, so
> long as we only initialise it once in prefs.c, but eol needs its own
> list

Thanks for the catch & analysis, it's now fixed -- actually I did broke
it in ca922e0ddc8022283ec3c1f49aaa15ab7c5ba213, stupid me.

@All: I added ui_builder_get_object() to be able to fetch a non-widget
(list store here) from prefs.c, but I'm not completely sure it's the
prefect fix.  If you have any idea on how to improve this, spread them! :)

@Nick: how did you generate the Glade file for
21cd7bb2139fd67644e5777bb8e6387d34473d09 "Add Project overrides for
'Saving files' checkbox options"?  When I do use Glade 3.8.1 do modify
the file it keeps reordering prefs/project dialogs...  Just wondering,
actually committing the move isn't really harmful -- apart that it
renders the diff unreadable, stupid Glade.

Regards,
Colomban