[Geany-devel] SCSS (Sassy CSS) lexer support

Nick Treleaven nick.treleaven at xxxxx
Wed Jan 18 16:46:12 UTC 2012

On 17/01/2012 20:36, Lex Trotman wrote:
>> I think if all is needed is to copy SciLexer.h and the new lexer file, plus
>> >  minor makefile changes, then a patch should be acceptable without upgrading
>> >  Scintilla. We've done this in the past.
> Hi Nick,
>
> How does this work without a filetype to support the new lexer?  And
> don't we need additions to sciwrappers to map the filetype keys to
> scintilla style enums?

Obviously. My point was that selectively applying parts of a Scintilla
update is acceptable if it is unlikely to cause bugs outside of use of
the new feature being applied. You seemed to imply that it was
dangerous/difficult to do that without updating all of Scintilla.