[Geany-devel] SCSS (Sassy CSS) lexer support

Nick Treleaven nick.treleaven at xxxxx
Tue Jan 17 13:46:49 UTC 2012

On 17/01/2012 09:59, Lex Trotman wrote:
> Geany prefers to use an unmodified Scintilla from that project.
> Upgrading Scintilla is not a minor task involving as it does checking
> and verification that all Geany settings in all filetypes map
> correctly to all Scintilla styles and that all changes have been
> handled correctly. Therefore Geany does not update Scintilla very
> often, rather when there are significant fixes in Scintilla and/or
> significant new features.

I think if all is needed is to copy SciLexer.h and the new lexer file,
plus minor makefile changes, then a patch should be acceptable without
upgrading Scintilla. We've done this in the past.

I don't know anything about SCSS however, so can't decide whether Geany
should support it or not.

Regards,
Nick