[Geany-devel] Empty project properties dialog

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Thu Jan 12 20:55:40 UTC 2012

[...]

> Nope, plugins can add their notebook page during the `project_dialog_create`
> signal and remove it during the `project_dialog_confirmed` signal, nothing
> changed here I don't think.

So the project_dialog_create actually means dialog open, in which case
we probably should change the name?  If it actually is create then it
will only happen once now, won't it?  And what happens if the project
plugin isn't initialised at that time, it will never get the signal?
So the plugin has no official way of getting the notebook to add the
page to.

[...]
>>> In any case, the docs, especially for `project_dialog_confirmed` should
>>> be
>>> improved/fixed.
>>

>> Probably, but what?
>>

> Namely removing this from the `project_dialog_confirmed` docs:
>
> "Warning:
>    The dialog will still be running afterwards if the user chose 'Apply'. "

Ok, its 'ok' :) and IIUC it will still be "running" all the time?

> AFAIK there's no Apply button for project dialog and in fact it seems like
> the ideal place for plugins to remove their notebook page from (I'd need to
> test to be 100% sure).

Would think so, just not sure when to create it as noted above.