[Geany-devel] Geany-Plugins: MAINTAINERS file

Frank Lanitz frank at xxxxx
Wed Jan 11 13:13:37 UTC 2012

Am 10.01.2012 23:46, schrieb Matthew Brush:
> On 01/07/2012 07:20 AM, Colomban Wendling wrote:
>> Le 07/01/2012 16:00, Frank Lanitz a écrit :

>>> I suggest to use paid instead of supported and change current usage of
>>> supported to maintained.
>>
>> I'm still not sure what that fact someone is paid or not changes, but
>> otherwise it looks fine and clearer to me.
>
> +1
>
> Whether paid or volunteer, it's still "Maintained".
>
> I suggest dropping the "Paid" status altogether if no one has used it by
> the time all the plugins' info is filled in.

I disagree. Currently there might be no plugin maintainer being paid to
work on a plugin, but:
- this might change (...)
- is something user should be able to see to resynch there demandings
with reality.

I'm reading e.g. support at pidgin mailing list and more than once a week I
need to facepalm myself because of users don't understand they are not
talking to some paid support. I really don't want to end up on Geany
with such situation.

Cheers,
Frank