[Geany-devel] Adding some Glade widgets

Nick Treleaven nick.treleaven at xxxxx
Mon Jan 9 16:21:08 UTC 2012

On 09/01/2012 00:56, Matthew Brush wrote:
> - GeanyWrapLabel - Nice little existing GtkWidget that fixes broken
> GtkLabel text wrapping in GTK+ 2. Should work fine in a glade catalog
> and should even fix wrapping of labels in Glade.

This would be really nice to have, I hate having to create wrapping
labels manually whilst the other nearby labels can be done in Glade.

> - GeanyObject, others?

Why would we need GeanyObject from Glade? It's a singleton.

> - GeanyScintilla - Subclass of ScintillaObject, all functions in
> sciwrappers moved to methods of this class. In future, could be combined

There was a GtkScintilla project IIRC that did this, but I don't think
it's maintained now.

> with GeanyEditor since both are somewhat redundant.

I think keeping the separation of scintilla utils and editor functions
is a good idea (e.g. derive GeanyScintilla from a GtkScintilla class).

Anyway, that would be extremely disruptive to the plugin API.

Regards,
Nick