[Geany-devel] Session Management Interim Solution Proposal

Dimitar Zhekov dimitar.zhekov at xxxxx
Thu Jan 5 19:33:31 UTC 2012

On Tue, 3 Jan 2012 09:20:08 +1100
Lex Trotman <elextr at gmail.com> wrote:

> Perhaps you already know since you didn't list it, XFCE4 will re-start
> firefox 5 with the tabs it last had open.

Yes.

> XFCE is of course the DE of choice for developers since Linus switched
> to it from Gnome.

I woudn't attribute that to Linus...

> I *thought* that geany sm branch worked with it too, but that was on
> another machine, and I havn't the bandwidth here to download it to
> test.

If you mean the original Eugene's branch, it's xsmp.

With xfce, you can use the branch, or the tracker patch which is based
on it. But be sure to save your files, or bad things will happen...

Best of all, apply the patch, edit sm.c, and remove or comment out the
SmcInteractRequest() call in sm_save_yourself_callback(). No file
save prompts, but each Geany instance will be restarted with the set
of preferences / interface options / open files it had on logout.

Perhaps I should try to check SmcVendor() and skip interaction if xfce.

> My Googling before the OP suggested that Gnome didn't and there were a
> lot of unhappy people as a result.

Seems like they coudn't even implement that correctly and dropped it...

--
E-gards: Jimmy