[Geany-devel] Porting themes (Was: Re: Request: multithreaded tag generation?)

Harold Aling geany at xxxxx
Tue Jan 3 14:18:35 UTC 2012

On Tue, Jan 3, 2012 at 15:16, Matthew Brush <mbrush at codebrainz.ca> wrote:
> On 01/03/2012 05:50 AM, Harold Aling wrote:
>>
>> On Tue, Jan 3, 2012 at 13:44, Matthew Brush<mbrush at codebrainz.ca>  wrote:
>>>
>>> I already ported all of the existing old-style color schemes to work with
>>> the new filedefs, see the geany-themes[1] project on Github to get them.
>>> Some might need a little tweaking, but should for the most part be quite
>>> similar to the original ones.
>>

>> Nice!
>>
>> Unfortunately, the 'dark' scheme needs some serious tweaking to make
>> it look like I'm used to (it's very brownish dull right now), but I
>> guess some well-placed copy/paste actions will solve that for me! ;)
>>
>> Armed with a screenshot of the old scheme, dark.conf, an old
>> filetypes.* file and the documentation[1] I'll try to recreate the old
>> dark theme.
>>

> It'd be great if you could send me your changes after so I could update the
> one in geany-themes!

I will. Unfortunately, it's quite a trial and error process as the
documentation isn't very helpful in where a definition is used. For
example: 'string_1', 'keyword_3', and lots of others aren't mentioned
anywhere.

It also would have been nice if there's a old > new name list.

-H-