[Geany-devel] Request: multithreaded tag generation?

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Tue Jan 3 11:10:29 UTC 2012

On Tue, Jan 3, 2012 at 9:00 PM, Harold Aling <geany at sait.nl> wrote:
> Best whishes for all!!!
>
> On Wed, Dec 7, 2011 at 13:39, Harold Aling <geany at sait.nl> wrote:
>> On Fri, Nov 11, 2011 at 22:13, Jiří Techet <techet at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Hi Harold,

>>> How much of this time is spent by opening the project and how much by
>>> closing?
>>
>> Opening Geany takes 4 minutes with 2 Drupal projects active. :(
>
> To start 2012 I decided to update my Geany and Geany-plugins installs
> to the latest dev, which caused my colorscheme[1] to display
> distorted. (white background except for the active line)

Hi Harold,

The latest development version of Geany has some changes in the way
colour schemes work which means that some older themes may no longer
work as they had.  Unfortunately sometimes backward incompatible
changes have to be made to continue moving forward.

> Restarting Geany takes more than 8 minutes so troubleshooting with my
> current configuration is quite the pain in the behind.

You can use the -c option to create a new configuration directory and
debug your colour schemes there.  That way you can have no files and
no tags during fixing but not lose your setup.

> I'm going to give up on Gproject and either try GeanyPRJ again or
> ditch project support altogether. This simply doesn't work.

The standard Geany project support doesn't provide some of the nice
features of these plugins, but it also doesn't tag parse your whole
directory tree each startup, so performance should be ok.