[Geany-devel] Replacing the control socket with dbus

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Mon Jan 2 22:43:45 UTC 2012

On Mon, Jan 2, 2012 at 8:16 PM, Thomas Martitz
<thomas.martitz at student.htw-berlin.de> wrote:
> Am 01.01.2012 01:49, schrieb Matthew Brush:
>
>> As the others have said the two key issues here are 1) too new GTK/GLib
>> version and 2) dependence on DBus which I'm going to guess isn't easily
>> working and installable on Win32/OSX?
>

> Isn't it GLib that has the dependency on DBus (to implement GApplication),
> not Geany?

IIUC yes, and so it is a glib responsibility to safely do nothing on
other platforms IMHO.

So long as we only use GTKApplication's action interface and don't
fall over if it doesn't work then it should be ok.

Working on windows is still a question iiuc