[Geany-devel] Commit messages on merges

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Mon Feb 27 07:44:09 UTC 2012

[...]
> I guess if we can filter out merge commits and only show the real commit
> information it should be good?
>
> (See other message with individual commit messages)

Yeah, IMO git gives us lots of un-needed merge messages, not much more
we can really say other than merged master into branch, so we will
have to filter them for human consumption in newsletters anyway.

The alternative is to always re-base before committing merged branches
to master, which is probably better since we don't care how the
developer got to the end point and all the commits and merges she made
on the way, we just care what the commit to master does.