[Geany-devel] Commit messages on merges

Matthew Brush mbrush at xxxxx
Mon Feb 27 07:33:19 UTC 2012

On 12-02-26 11:20 PM, Frank Lanitz wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> Just something I thought on last merges based on Jiri's patches. Its
> hard to understand what this merges do just by reading the commit
> message. Given, that we want to create the ChangeLog based on git log it
> will be nearly impossible to create a good ChangeLog/Newsfile if we
> don't keep care..... Not sure how, but can we be more verbose here?

"Do not show document change notification dialog when MRU switch is in
progress

When switching between MRU documents, Geany pops up a dialog about
document change even for the intermediate non-final documents. This
leads to both reload dialog and document switch dialog displayed at the
same time and termination of document switching because the newly
displayed dialog takes focus.

This patch disables reload checks for the intermediate documents and
forces reload check for the final document."

--------

"Do not ignore system() return value to eliminate compiler warning"

--------

"Drop 'already' from the message in project close confirmation dialog

Suppose you have project A open and want to open project B. Then the
message saying "The 'A' project is already open" displays. This is
slightly confusing and feels like if you were trying to re-open project
A even though you are opening different project. The message without
'already' looks clearer in this context."

--------

"Modify project dialog signals

Rename project-dialog-create signal to project-dialog-open because now
the dialog exists all the time and the signal name is misleading. Add
project-dialog-close signal to indicate that project dialog has been
closed and plugins can remove their tabs when needed.

In addition, bump plugin API and ABI version."

--------

Just to give everyone who hasn't checked the commits an idea of the
verbosity that those commit messages has.