[Geany-devel] [geany/geany] 795ee4: Merge pull request #28 from RetroX/patch-1

Erik de Castro Lopo mle+tools at xxxxx
Sat Feb 25 23:31:06 UTC 2012

Lex Trotman wrote:

> I have thought about which types should be "automagically" present in
> Geany without a tags file, and I do not think the intN_t types
> qualify.  They are not fundamental,

In C99 they are.

> they require header <cstdint> to

Thats C++. I'm pretty sure all the C99 intN_t types were added to
the latest C++ standard as well.

> Also it is bad practice to be using fixed size types, especially as
> they are not actually guaranteed to exist.

All compliant C99 implementations *must* provide the standard intN_t types.

> If they are used they
> should be typedefed to a more user friendly name.

I am sure I am not the only one who considers

    typedef int32_t my_project_int16_t ;

to be bad practice.

> So I suggest that only the fundamental types and <cstddef> types
> size_t, nullptr_t ptrdiff_t and max_align_t should be available by
> adding them to the secondary keyword list for C++.

Please do not conflate C++ with C.

Erik