[Geany-devel] Empty project properties dialog

Jiří Techet techet at xxxxx
Tue Feb 21 22:25:02 UTC 2012

On Tue, Feb 21, 2012 at 19:23, Dimitar Zhekov <dimitar.zhekov at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 20 Feb 2012 22:40:50 +0100
> Jiří Techet <techet at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Mon, Feb 20, 2012 at 17:51, Dimitar Zhekov <dimitar.zhekov at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> > Since you are changing the project signals anyway, can you do me a
>> > favor and add an unconditional "project-before-save" signal in
>> > write_config, with the same arguments as "project-save"?
>> >
>> > Currently we have document-before-save, and save-settings is before
>> > configuration saving (though that's not very helpful), but there's
>> > no "before" signal for the projects settings, and I need one for a
>> > plugin of mine.
>>
>> Hi Dimitar,
>>
>> what do you need the signal for? The project-save signal is actually
>> emitted before g_key_file_to_data() is called so it is called before
>> it's saved. I use this signal in my plugin too to add my own settings
>> to the project file.
>
> To (a) temporarily revert some file settings before a possible save-
> session-files and (b) ignore emit_signal, since session save does not
> depend on it.

Hi Dimitar,

have a look at the attached patch - I've added the signal but as I
don't know exactly when you need to emit it, you'll probably need to
modify it. Also I haven't documented the signal as I still don't
completely understand its purpose. Feel free to use this patch as a
template for the modifications you need to do.

Jiri