[Geany-devel] Some obsolete(?) bug reports

Dimitar Zhekov dimitar.zhekov at xxxxx
Tue Feb 21 18:06:39 UTC 2012

On Mon, 20 Feb 2012 21:00:44 +0100
Colomban Wendling <lists.ban at herbesfolles.org> wrote:

> "To run a second instance of Geany, do not specify any filenames on
> the command-line, [...]"
>
> This should be reworded since it's not true since a long time one
> need explicit -i, isn't it?  Or do I get the sentence wrong?

Well, maybe "secondary" instead of second, since I used "subsequent"
in the previous paragraph.

-i is required only if you want to open CL files in a new instance,
instead of passing them to an already running one (explained under
"Command line options" before "Startup"). If you have a Geany, and
start another from, say, your DE menu (i.e. without CL), it becomes
(new instance) automatically.

--
E-gards: Jimmy