[Geany-devel] Some obsolete(?) bug reports

Eugene Arshinov earshinov at xxxxx
Sun Feb 12 07:18:36 UTC 2012

Hello.

Sorry for bothering you so much.  When I looked for existing bug
reports related to changing document's filetype to "None", I found a
couple of reports that seems obsolete.  Maybe some of the developers
could spend some time to review them and mark them as CLOSED or
whatever is applicable.

1. Incorrect indentation guides - ID: 2637071 [1]

I opened the attached document and did not see any issues with
indentation guides.  I could miss something because I rarely use the
guies, but...  Maybe it was already fixed in Scintilla?

Enrico replied to this report in 2009.

2. Command line option to bring Geany to front - ID: 2276179 [2]

Seems that some actions were performed to fix the bug, but the report's
author didn't have time to check it.  Maybe, as a long time has
passed since 2009, the bug report can be closed?  BTW, what is
described in the report, works fine for me (Geany is brought to front).

Enrico replied to this report in 2009, too.

3. "geany xyz.txt" does not load files from session - ID: 2838686 [3]

Here it wasn't decided whether of not Geany should restore session.  I
suggest we discuss this question and finally either fix the bug or mark
it as WONTFIX.

A long time ago I added to the Preferences dialog a checkbox that
controlled the behaviour.  This was done in the sm branch.  If it's
decided that a graphical preference is needed, I can extract code from
there and make a pull request.

However, currently I think that a hidden pref for that is better.
Your opinions?

[1]:<http://sf.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=2637071&group_id=153444&atid=787791>
[2]:<http://sf.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=2276179&group_id=153444&atid=787794>
[3]:<http://sf.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=2838686&group_id=153444&atid=787791>