[Geany-devel] Maintainerrequest: Geany-Mini-Script

Eugene Arshinov earshinov at xxxxx
Mon Feb 6 05:00:12 UTC 2012

On Sun, 05 Feb 2012 11:36:22 -0800
Matthew Brush <mbrush at codebrainz.ca> wrote:

> On 02/05/2012 02:43 AM, Eugene Arshinov wrote:
> > Hi Frank.
> >
> > I sent a pull request [1] which contains the plugin integrated into
> > geany-plugins.  Review and pull, if you wish.
> >
> > I also created a repository [2] which contains geany-mini-script
> > plugin at the state in which it was in SVN repo.
> >
> > [1]: https://github.com/geany/geany-plugins/pull/13
> > [2]: https://github.com/earshinov/geany-mini-script
> >

> Just out of curiosity, isn't Mini Script kind of redundant with
> having the Edit->Format->Send Selection To feature? I guess it has a
> few more options but it seems to do the same thing.

True.  An example of why the plugin can be useful: it allows to
conveniently write temporary scripts and execute them immediately.
Also, with the plugin you can open your script when you need it, and
the script won't hang in the "Send selection to..." menu.

By the way, it seems "Send selection to" has been available for a long
time and even before than the original author wrote the Mini Script
plugin (at the beginning of 2009).

--
Best regards,
Eugene.