[Geany-devel] Running build commands on windows

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Sun Feb 5 22:29:01 UTC 2012

Hi Colomban,

Pardon the serial post.

For windows, why do we split the command string in build_spawn_command
pass it through two functions and glue it back together, thus opening
it up to problems of quoting, multiple delimeters etc.

Since we only do the split in a #ifdef win32, why not just pass the
whole comand as argv[0]?  No changes would be needed (except removing
the g_strsplit) so the functions in the API don't change, but probably
utils_spawn_(a)sync should be documented to say that this will work on
windows.