[Geany-devel] get build command from a plugin

Dimitar Zhekov dimitar.zhekov at xxxxx
Wed Feb 1 18:10:10 UTC 2012

On Wed, 1 Feb 2012 11:24:01 +1100
Lex Trotman <elextr at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 1, 2012 at 5:20 AM, Dimitar Zhekov <dimitar.zhekov at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Tue, 31 Jan 2012 15:39:52 +1100
> >
> > I compile Geany with -Wall -W -Wno-unused-parameter (not the normal
> > practice) and received a few warnings:
>
> Well, it should be normal practice, thats what HACKING says, I just
> forgot to set it with a new clean clone, oops.  Actually you should
> add -O2 because a couple of the warnings need the dataflow computation
> that the optimisation does.

I only listed the warnings, -O2 is a sine qua non (albeit -Os
-freorder-blocks is better for some systems).

> The semantics of a command (well actually the label) that is "" vs
> NULL is important, a "" label hides commands from a lower priority
> source without showing itself in the menu, a NULL does not. [...]
>
> Unfortunately there isn't anthing else besides NULL that is sensible
> to return to indicate out of range.

So returning "" for COMMAND is possible...

> So I've exposed build_get_group_count() as well so you can get the
> count and then its your fault if you pass an out of range index :).

...but a count is fine too. :) Let's hope BuildFuncs makes it into
the plugin interface, the current lack of build access is weird.

--
E-gards: Jimmy