[Geany-Devel] ANN: Scope

Dimitar Zhekov dimitar.zhekov at gmail.com
Fri Dec 7 21:53:11 UTC 2012

On Fri, 07 Dec 2012 21:43:27 +0100
Colomban Wendling <lists.ban at herbesfolles.org> wrote:

> Le 07/12/2012 19:56, Dimitar Zhekov a écrit :
> >
> > 1. Why do we need another gdb front-end?
> >
> > Don't know about you. I needed something that runs under win~1, has
> > decent Locale support and the abilities to change values and execute
> > gdb commands at any time.
>
> I saw the next point, but couldn't this have been done in the other
> debugger plugin?  It looks a little bit like a duplicate :)

Yes, having 2 gdb plugins is a duplicate.
No, I coundn't do it inside debugger. The communication with gdb is
async, which requires very different code, and the UI is not very
similar either, except for having a debug page with subpages...

> Anyway, I had some spare time so I decided to test your plugin.
> Unfortunately, I couldn't build it :(
>
> conterm.c:42:21: fatal error: vte/vte.h: Aucun fichier ou dossier de ce type
> compilation terminated.
> make: *** [conterm.o] Erreur 1
>
> OK, that's problematic but easy to solve.  I modified the Makefile as
> follows to fix this:
>
>  $(OBJS) main.o: %.o : %.c
> -       gcc $(CFLAGS) -c $< -fPIC `pkg-config --cflags geany`
> +       gcc $(CFLAGS) -c $< -fPIC `pkg-config --cflags geany vte`
>
>  scope.so: $(OBJS) main.o
> -       gcc -g -o scope.so $(OBJS) -shared `pkg-config --libs geany`
> -lvte -lutil
> +       gcc -g -o scope.so $(OBJS) -shared `pkg-config --libs geany vte`
> -lutil

Thanks.

> But now I get:
>
> conterm.c:439:37: error: ‘program_pty_master’ undeclared (first use in
> this function)

That's "pty_master" only. I haven't checked with vte 0.25+ recently,
and never with 0.30+.

> Also, in scope.c:debug_menu_keys[] you should use the `N_()` macro to
> mark the second column as translatable, simply adding a comment is not
> enough for translation extractor to find them.

>From what I've seen, it extracts anything in ""... but yes, I should
do that. There are other arrays like this one.

--
E-gards: Jimmy