[Geany-Devel] Document Message/File Monitoring Behaviour (was Re: Bug: Conflicting Keyboard shortcut in "reload file" dialog - ID: 3587465)

Nick Treleaven nick.treleaven at btinternet.com
Mon Dec 3 13:35:58 UTC 2012

On 01/12/2012 06:16, Matthew Brush wrote:
> On 12-11-30 09:10 PM, Matthew Brush wrote:
>> Hi again,
>>
>> Attached is a mockup of roughly what I was thinking made in 5 minutes on
>> some website, except I couldn't figure out how to make a warning icon
>> for the infobar and tab label.
>>

> I also made a mockup for "deleted/moved on disk" infobar. I'll put a
> link to avoid spamming the list:

Thanks for doing the mockups. Infobars probably would be better than the
status quo, but I think both of the mockups are too complicated. There
are too many options IMO.

I'm not sure if 'Close all externally modified files' is worth having
and is a safe workflow, certainly it shouldn't include modified documents.

I don't think we need a Close button. Closing the document can be done
in the normal way. Or were you planning on disabling normal closing?
That would complicate the UI code.

> Mockup for "document changed on disk":
> http://codebrainz.ca/images/infobar-mockup.png
>
> Mockup for "document deleted (or moved) on disk":
> http://codebrainz.ca/images/infobar-mockup-deleted.png

I'm not sure that 'Save as' is needed, the user can use 'File->Save As'
if needed. (Resave is a good option though).