[Geany-Devel] Document Message/File Monitoring Behaviour (was Re: Bug: Conflicting Keyboard shortcut in "reload file" dialog - ID: 3587465)

Matthew Brush mbrush at codebrainz.ca
Sat Dec 1 05:10:06 UTC 2012

Hi again,

Attached is a mockup of roughly what I was thinking made in 5 minutes on
some website, except I couldn't figure out how to make a warning icon
for the infobar and tab label.

I agree with Lex that a warning icon in the tab (next to filename label
or perhaps even replacing the close icon) would be useful to help avoid
clobbering files changed on disk when meaning to save files edited
"live" with "Save All". Also we could set a flag on the document(s) so
that when you click "Save All", it warns you that you're clobbering file
changed on disk that have non-dismissed messages pending or just focus
next non-dismissed tab.