[Geany-devel] patch: separated session/local config

Dimitar Zhekov dimitar.zhekov at xxxxx
Tue Aug 7 17:31:02 UTC 2012

On Sat, 4 Aug 2012 10:58:54 +1000
Lex Trotman <elextr at gmail.com> wrote:

> My problem isn't so much with the patch, it worked fine last time I
> had a working DE. [...] I expect lots of "I turned it on for <some
> DE> and it didn't work but <firefox, gedit, etc> does, fix it waaa
> waaa waaa" if we did that.

As a gtk+ application, Geany uses the legacy (X11R5) session protocol,
yet we are not receiving such messages. But of course, given the xsmp
support sutuation, your concern has merit.

Thanks to Eugene's initial implementation, the SM functionality can be
en/disabled with --enable-libsm=yes|no in configure or autogen. So I
changed the default to "no" in the latest patch (2012-08-07).

--

On Fri, 03 Aug 2012 18:14:40 -0700
Matthew Brush <mbrush at codebrainz.ca> wrote:

> If Dimitar doesn't mind working on the Git repo instead of keeping
> a sf.net patch tracker item up to date, I'd be +1 for that.

On Sat, 4 Aug 2012 11:47:55 +1000
Lex Trotman <elextr at gmail.com> wrote:

> So totally agree, Dimitar should be given rights to maintain this
> instead of the patch if he wants to.

That would have been very useful while while Eugene, and later me,
were developing the patch. But there are very little changes in the
latest two years, I have 3 other patches in the tracker, and another 3
on my machine for a plugin I'm writing... So it's easier for me to
regenerate all of them in the same way, and keep their previous
version(s) as .diff files, instead of dealing N branches. I changed
the latest tracker patches to .git to format though.

--
E-gards: Jimmy