[Geany-devel] Geany-Plugins Dependency Consolidation

Matthew Brush mbrush at xxxxx
Sat Aug 4 17:40:01 UTC 2012

On 12-08-04 09:41 AM, Colomban Wendling wrote:
> [...]
> So... maybe I got your point wrong, but I don't think it's any kind of a
> problem to have different dependencies from one plugin to another --
> actually, I think each plugin should set it dependencies to exactly what
> it needs: nothing less (of course), and nothing more.

You got it mostly. I just mean some way for the build system to handle
multiple plugins sharing same dependencies like having webkit.m4 that
enables/disables multiple plugins if not found. So when you configure,
it says something like this:

   checking for WebKit >= x.xx ... no
      Disabling plugins: WebHelper, Devhelp, Markdown
   checking for LibVTE >= x.xx ... no
      Disabling plugins: Debugger, MultiTerm

Instead of:

   checking for WEBHELPER ... no