[Geany-devel] patch: separated session/local config

Matthew Brush mbrush at xxxxx
Sat Aug 4 00:21:59 UTC 2012

On 12-08-03 10:05 AM, Dimitar Zhekov wrote:
> On Thu, 2 Aug 2012 10:57:22 +1000
> Lex Trotman <elextr at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> So I think we should keep Dimitars patch available for as long as he
>> cares to maintain it so individual users can add it if they want, but
>> the variability makes it inappropriate to commit to Geany.

If the changes were properly guarded out and disabled by default at
compile-time, I see no reason not to merge the patch into master. I
haven't really reviewed the changes in detail though. IMO, the patch
tracker on sf.net is barely a step up from being local to Dimitar's
hard-drive in terms of exposure and usefulness to general users.

> Pretty much infinitely, Geany without sm would be a big downgrade to
> me. I'm not going to support the git branch though, and it's already
> out of date.

I don't mind keeping the Git branch up to date if it helps keep some
exposure on this useful patch, but it seems I don't get emails when the
patch tracker is updated, so I dunno. I'm "Monitoring" the patch tracker
but apparently I wasn't "Watching" it, so maybe now I'll get emails when
there's updates now that I'm "Watching" it (unless I also have to "Like"
it or "Friend" it or something). Of course if you want me to take the
Git branch down instead, I can do that too.