[Geany-devel] patch: separated session/local config

Dimitar Zhekov dimitar.zhekov at xxxxx
Fri Aug 3 17:05:01 UTC 2012

On Thu, 2 Aug 2012 10:57:22 +1000
Lex Trotman <elextr at gmail.com> wrote:

> 3. Multiple instances would not benefit from having user session info
> saved separately unless we also switched to saving the remaining
> config immediately it was changed, not at shutdown.

View -> Show Message Window -> save configuration, Search -> Find ->
save configuration... hmmm.

> 4. I have completely ignored session management since I am back on a
> DE where it doesn't work :)  That is the problem with session
> management, it only works on some DEs and how well it works varies.

Indeed. On that note, I'm happy to inform all Xfce users that the long
standing bug with asking for unsaved files on logout was fixed. It
doesn't seem like any dev noted, so I'll have to ring a few bells, and
hopefully get it for the next release.

> So I think we should keep Dimitars patch available for as long as he
> cares to maintain it so individual users can add it if they want, but
> the variability makes it inappropriate to commit to Geany.

Pretty much infinitely, Geany without sm would be a big downgrade to
me. I'm not going to support the git branch though, and it's already
out of date.

--
E-gards: Jimmy