[Geany-devel] tagmanager changes

Colomban Wendling lists.ban at xxxxx
Sun Apr 29 14:47:19 UTC 2012

Le 26/04/2012 18:53, Nick Treleaven a écrit :
> On 26/04/2012 16:02, Nick Treleaven wrote:
>> On 24/04/2012 22:31, Colomban Wendling wrote:
>>> * it uses the same tag parsers tagmanager used, in ctagsmanager/ctags;
>
> BTW this is a good idea to clearly separate CTags from tagmanager. If
> this change can be applied separately, perhaps it could be merged into
> master.

It should be quite easy -- though it won't still be a vanilla CTags of
course, my own isn't either (yet?).

>> For avoiding resorting of workspace tags when only reparsing one source
>> object, we can remove the source object's old tags & merge the new tags.
>> This is all O(n) for the workspace array. I haven't looked into
>> implementing this yet because now it's clear you're working on a
>> competing change.
>
> Another option is to remove the workspace array altogether and just have
> Geany collate tags from each (sorted) source object when needed. Not
> sure the implications of this yet but it would simplify tagmanager.

Well, tagmanager needs to know all tags to perform e.g. scope completion
beyond file's boundaries.  And for search too, it would need us to pass
it everything, or to perform a search on each document's tags and then
merge the result.  Doesn't sound sensible at a first glance, but maybe
I'm missing something.