[Geany-devel] geany-plugins: Autotools usage

Chow Loong Jin hyperair at xxxxx
Sun Apr 22 16:21:00 UTC 2012

On 22/04/2012 20:09, Quentin Glidic wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I noticed a global misuse / misunderstanding of the Autotools (mostly
> about the dist mechanism) among the geany-plugins.

Could you elaborate, please?

I noticed that you have shifted all the ENABLE_$PLUGIN conditionals to the
top-level Makefile.am instead, by modifying the SUBDIRS variable there. However,
this is not desirable as disabled plugins will be excluded from the release
tarball generated by `make dist'.

--enable/disable-$plugin should only toggle the building of the actual plugin.

> Attached a patch to correct the Autotools build system. I can split this
> commit into several ones if needed (one for each plugin plus some more
> global ones). I just need a bit of time to do so (fortunately, git helps
> a lot).

Loong Jin