[Geany-devel] Development of code re-formatting plugin

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Mon Apr 9 10:41:47 UTC 2012

On 9 April 2012 20:08, Nayan Shah <nayan at nayanshah.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am planning to develop a code re-formatting plugin for geany. I want it to
> be more on the lines of Notepad++'s C++ re-indent plugin which is pretty
> awesome.
>
> The feature could be something like : user selects bunch of text and clicks
> beautify or maybe it works on the whole file by default.
>
> Astyle <http://astyle.sourceforge.net/> is a small automatic formatter and
> released under LGPL. It is pretty small with loads of options. and supports
> C, C++, Java code.
>
> Can it be used for development of the plugin ?
>
> Any feedback / comments would be appreciated.

Yes you could make a plugin to run astyle, but it would probably be
easier to just use it as a custom command, see
http://www.geany.org/manual/current/index.html#sending-text-through-custom-commands