[Geany-devel] [geany-plugins] SCN_DWELLEND when cursor leaves an editor window

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Thu Apr 5 08:10:16 UTC 2012

On 5 April 2012 16:03, Alexander Petukhov <devel at apetukhov.ru> wrote:
> If a mouse pointer dwells in editor and then leaves an editor window quickly
> then in editor-notify
> I receive SCN_DWELLSTART and no SCN_DWELLEND after, and it turns out that I
> show a calltip
> even if a mouse is no longer in a scintilla window.
> Looks like scintilla does not allow to retrieve a mouse position and so does
> geany.
> Does anybody have any ideas how to handle this?

Hi Alexander,

I can't tell you how to solve the problem, but I think I can suggest
why it happens.

Scintilla uses the GDK_POINTER_MOTION_HINT_MASK setting to reduce the
number of motion events it receives.

If you are moving the pointer out of Geany fast enough it is possible
that Scintilla (and therefore you) is not getting a motion event from
GTK before the leave event.

Maybe you can connect to the leave event (and other relevant ones) to
decide to hide the tooltip.