[Geany-devel] file attributes on a linux system

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Tue Apr 3 23:30:36 UTC 2012

On 4 April 2012 01:56, Alexander Eberspächer
<alex.eberspaecher at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 1 Apr 2012 01:38:15 -0500
> worthspending <worthspending at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I develop ruby code on a linux box.  For all new files Geany creates,
>> the file attributes are set to include the +x executable attribute.
>
> Let me briefly describe a related issue: if a file with the +x attribute
> is opened in Geany and "Save as" as chosen, the saved file will lack
> the +x attribute. Is this desired behaviour?

This occurs when the use_atomic_file_saving option is set.  It is not
"desired" but it is documented behaviour and is unavoidable.  As I
said before, set the umask before running Geany.