[Geany-devel] How about calling the next release 1.0?

Colomban Wendling lists.ban at xxxxx
Thu Sep 29 21:24:55 UTC 2011

Le 22/09/2011 23:00, Enrico Tröger a écrit :
> On Thu, 22 Sep 2011 15:28:21 +0200, Colomban wrote:

>>> Heh, I like "krumkach", sounds in German quite funny :).
>>
>> BTW, how are Geany codenames chosen? :-'
>
> If I tell you, I'll have to kill you...

Oh... then perhaps keep the info secret ;)

> More seriously (though not much), the codenames are just taken from
> names of Moffs[1] and Grand Moffs from the Star Wars Universe :).
>

> [1] http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Moff
>
> Feel free to change the naming scheme for future releases or even drop
> the codenames. They have absolutely no relevance at all. So far, they
> only expressed my fondness for Star Wars :).

I like codenames, they give a mysterious aura nobody needs to really
know about :p -- unfortunately I just broke the magic :/

I'm no Star Wars fan [1], but I could suggest some other funny
mysterious names like Aranarth, Arahel, Ostoher or Ciryandil...

But honestly I see no problem continuing to call releases the same way
as before if you provides the names ^^

Cheers,
Colomban

[1] here I should probably say something like "I'm a Star Trek, Star
Wars just sucks" to start a flamewar... unfortunately it's not true :(