[Geany-devel] New Feature(plugin OR geany self)

Jiří Techet techet at xxxxx
Thu Sep 29 20:52:19 UTC 2011

On Thu, Sep 29, 2011 at 10:03, Thomas Martitz
<thomas.martitz at student.htw-berlin.de> wrote:
> Am 29.09.2011 09:57, schrieb Jacques du Rand:
>>
>> BottomLIne:
>> Almost like a MRU(Most Recently Use) Cache for the Open Document list
>> a which highlight/icon'ify the top 3-6  Documents in order ?
>>
>> Your thoughts ?
>>

> This is already implemented, though not visualized in the side bar.
>
> I don't remember if I use the default keybinding, but for me CTRL+TAB walks
> the MRU list of opened documents.

Absolutely essential feature for me.

By the way, there's a bug in the MRU code.

1. Open Geany with say 3 files,
2. ctrl-tab until you reach the very same file you have currently displayed,
3. release ctrl,
4. ctrl-tab again. Nothing happens until you ctrl-tab one more time.

I have a patch for it in my yet-to-be-reviewed patch queue (for more
than a year). I also have a patch for the popup window so it shows the
current file in bold and the following three files in MRU below it. It
helps with "predicting" which file opens after ctrl-tab next.

Cheers,

Jiri