[Geany-devel] Bug on utils_string_replace()?

Nick Treleaven nick.treleaven at xxxxx
Thu Sep 29 17:22:00 UTC 2011

On 28/09/2011 20:56, Colomban Wendling wrote:
> Le 28/09/2011 19:36, Frank Lanitz a écrit :
> > On Sun, 25 Sep 2011 20:11:06 +0200
> > [...]
> >
> > Just want to bring it up again. Release is near so at least we should
> > add a comment to api documentation about this.
>
> Right.  Fixed now in r5965, thanks.
>
> If we want to deprecate the use of NULL here, I think we better do it
> after the release so plugin developers have a chance to fix their use
> until next-next release.

Thanks for fixing my mistake. I think there's no need to stop accepting
null on utils_string_replace_all. It's bad to change plugin API
behaviour unless the old use will get caught by the compiler.