[Geany-devel] New Feature(plugin OR geany self)

Jacques du Rand jacquesdr at xxxxx
Thu Sep 29 07:21:14 UTC 2011

Hi Guys
I want to implement a new feature it will have close interaction  with
the sidebar->open_files (module ?)

b) the new feature will be triggered every time a 'document-activate'
signal is sent
c) It will then need to update the model(treeview) in  "sidebar->open_files"

Now my question is this since I then need to add fields (2) to the
enum below and do some  other' work' on the sidebar_openfiles widget.
It will be difficult  and 'ugly' to do it in a plugin ?

It was thinking of just adding the 'feature' to geany itself with a
config-option to turn it off and on ?

I will of course do a proof of concept and then submit the diff/patch ?

file:sidebar.c
/* documents tree model columns */
enum
{
	DOCUMENTS_ICON,
	DOCUMENTS_SHORTNAME,	/* dirname for parents, basename for children */
	DOCUMENTS_DOCUMENT,
	DOCUMENTS_COLOR,
	DOCUMENTS_FILENAME
       DOCUMENTS_NEWFIELD_1  /*  just to illustrate  */
       DOCUMENTS_NEWFIELD_2 /*  just to illustrate  */

}

Best Regards
Jacques du Rand