[Geany-devel] editing big files can be too slow with tag reparsing

Nick Treleaven nick.treleaven at xxxxx
Wed Sep 28 11:12:11 UTC 2011

On 28/09/2011 12:03, Nick Treleaven wrote:
> @Nick, there are lots of large generated files a programmer might want
> to check, especially XMLs and logs, saying there is an xxxGb maximum
> is wrong, it depends on the machine the user has.  Forcing them to
> have to go use another editor or to not have highlighting is bad

Sorry, I missed the bit where you said no highlighting is bad. But in
that case, auto-disable works fine. In any case, there is no xxx Gb
maximum, I just meant that we shouldn't have a document menu option that
is only for disabling reparsing when it can be done automatically.

Also I'm not sure whether Scintilla handles very big files well. I don't
think we need to be concerned about that.