[Geany-devel] editing big files can be too slow with tag reparsing

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Tue Sep 27 00:03:32 UTC 2011

Hey Colomban,

[...]
> 0001-Per-document-real-time-symbols-setting.patch:
> Adds a per-document setting for real-time updates and a menu item in the
> Document menu.  There is still a FIXME in it, feel free to give ideas :)

This looks like a good idea.

For the fixme, It shouldn't apply per document settings here, they are
not in the prefs so they won't have changed.  Just leave it out.

> 0002-Tell-the-user-if-real-time-reparsing-is-slow-and-let.patch:
> This one adds the check for the updating duration and asks the user.  It
> is WIP, and I'm not really convinced by the dialog, as you can read in a
> TODO.  Apart that, it seems to work pretty OK.

Havn't had time to look at this, but as I said its a last resort.

> Both misses docs, up to come when they are ready.
>

> So, I'm soliciting your impressions, opinions, remarks, etc.  Also, is
> this whole thing important enough to break string freeze less than a
> week before release? (read: to have some strings untranslated)

I'm not Nick, but I would suggest leaving it until after release,
thats not far away, and then as soon as it is committed Nick will have
built a new version :)