[Geany-devel] Use GtkBuilder

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Mon Sep 26 02:33:30 UTC 2011

On 26 September 2011 01:26, Dimitar Zhekov <dimitar.zhekov at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 25 Sep 2011 01:53:38 -0700
> Matthew Brush <mbrush at codebrainz.ca> wrote:
>
>> I've also taken the liberty of porting the Terminal/VTE preferences UI
>> to the new Glade 3 format rather than being hard-coded.  IIUC if the
>> VTE/terminal is not enabled for whatever reason, the "Terminal" tab in
>> the preferences dialog just won't be shown.
>
> When we upgrade (someday) to 2.16, why not make VTE a compile time
> option only? I can understand why somebody would like to compile Geany
> without vte support, but since all novadays gtk+ terminal emulators are
> based on vte, making it a run-time option seems like overkill to me. It
> was a good thing, several years ago...

Hey Dimitar,

The problem with this is that means that all binary packages now
depend on vte.  If you might want to compile it out, then you might
not want to install it.

Or there would need to be several binary packages, with and without
VTE compiled in which is more maintenance.

With the runtime check VTE does not need to be installed.