[Geany-devel] Use GtkBuilder

Matthew Brush mbrush at xxxxx
Sun Sep 25 19:39:11 UTC 2011

On 09/25/2011 06:41 AM, Jiří Techet wrote:
> Hi Matthew,
>
> On Sun, Sep 25, 2011 at 10:53, Matthew Brush<mbrush at codebrainz.ca>  wrote:
>> Hi,

>> If anyone feels like giving me a code review, feedback or testing the
>> changes, I have a branch on my geany repository on GitHub.  My working copy,
>> which is rebased on Geany's Git repository every now and then can be found
>> at:
>>
>> https://github.com/codebrainz/geany/tree/gtkbuilder
>
> I gave it a quick try and in general it appears to work really great
> (i.e. I don't see any difference between this and the old version).
>
> The only glitch I have noticed is that under Document->Indent Type,
> Document->Indent Width and Document->Set Line Endings all the items
> are selected with the radio selection circle. The fix is to disable
> "Active" for these items in the glade editor (not attaching patch
> because for some reason Glade changes also other elements in the XML
> file when I save it). Not sure if they were active before or there is
> some bug in the conversion from the old format.

Good catch, I didn't notice that.  I've fixed it[1] using the defaults
(I hope) on Geany 0.20 installed from the Debian repositories, hopefully
those are correct (tabs, 4, and LF, respectively).  It seems to be a
Glade bug because even opening the original geany.glade file in Glade
3.8.0 causes all those items to become active, which is why I'm not 100%
sure I've activated only the correct default items.

[1]
https://github.com/codebrainz/geany/commit/df1de0767a3b3234a061ad4e0edf4796fbb15bd5

Thanks,