[Geany-devel] Use GtkBuilder

Dimitar Zhekov dimitar.zhekov at xxxxx
Sun Sep 25 15:26:41 UTC 2011

On Sun, 25 Sep 2011 01:53:38 -0700
Matthew Brush <mbrush at codebrainz.ca> wrote:

> I've also taken the liberty of porting the Terminal/VTE preferences UI
> to the new Glade 3 format rather than being hard-coded.  IIUC if the
> VTE/terminal is not enabled for whatever reason, the "Terminal" tab in
> the preferences dialog just won't be shown.

When we upgrade (someday) to 2.16, why not make VTE a compile time
option only? I can understand why somebody would like to compile Geany
without vte support, but since all novadays gtk+ terminal emulators are
based on vte, making it a run-time option seems like overkill to me. It
was a good thing, several years ago...

That will require some work, of course: replacing if (vf->func != NULL),
cleaning up the vte_info and vc checks. I volunteer.

--
E-gards: Jimmy