[Geany-devel] How about calling the next release 1.0?

Jiří Techet techet at xxxxx
Thu Sep 22 20:18:39 UTC 2011

On Thu, Sep 22, 2011 at 15:34, Frank Lanitz <frank at frank.uvena.de> wrote:
> Am 22.09.2011 15:28, schrieb Colomban Wendling:

>>> Heh, I like "krumkach", sounds in German quite funny :).
>>
>> BTW, how are Geany codenames chosen? :-'
>>
>>> More seriously, I personally don't mind much about version numbers.
>>> It's good to have some but the actual value doesn't mean much to me.
>>> But I realise other people take more care about this and 0.x might seem
>>> not that mature to many users.
>>>
>>> So, I'd say: why not.
>>
>> I'd say quite the same.  I don't really mind, and it seems it's
>> something important for many of you so...
>
> But can we do it post 0.21? Only one week left and I want to concentrate
> on improving translation etc. instead of search&replace version numbers.

Hi Frank,

if it should cause problems, of course it can wait, it was just a suggestion...

...on the other hand I've just tried to make the renaming from 0.21 to
1.21 and it isn't too hard to do and doesn't seem to be very intrusive
- see the attached patches both for Geany and geany-plugins. The only
missing things are:

1. The documentation should be regenerated
2. Version should be updated in *.po files (I didn't do it because
you'll be receiving po files from translators with version 0.21 now
and it will be easiest to update all of them at once before the
release)
3. The version number change should be mentioned in ChangeLog/NEWS

Cheers,

Jiri